Siol nan Gaidheal
Fàsach Beò is Siol nan Gaidheal's environmental aspect with the central aim of campaigning for and actively regenerating our indigenous forest ecosystems.
We seek to provide a forum for research and activism in the areas of tree planting and the reintroduction of extinct indigenous fauna. It is our belief that environmental degradation and the attendant nefarious consequences for human communities can and must be reversed through decisive, immediate and principled action. Principles of bio-diversity and land management are of limited use if they are not effectively and decisively put into practice.
To these ends we shall:
- strive to foster a greater understanding among the Scottish people of their environment as the context for their living culture
- strive to empower the Scottish people to participate in the global environmental debate by encouraging them to take full control of their immediate environment
- collate material on and research habitats and ecosystems (fauna, flora, soil systems, geology and hydrology)
- co-ordinate individual and area-based feasibility studies as well as implement the necessary regenerative action
- collate information on and counter those interests (commercial, land-owning or statutory) whose activities endanger the existence or the regeneration of native ecosystems
- strive to co-operate with other environmentalists on individual projects
- endeavour to approach, exchange information and experience with similar bodies in the rest of Europe and the wider world
On-Line Copyright © Siol nan Gaidheal 1995 - 2019, All Rights Reserved