Siol nan Gaidheal forum

Whilst this forum is moderated, opinions expressed are those of the person posting, and are not necessarily those of the organisation.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Independence Cymru
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:26 pm 

http://www.alanindyfed.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Wales and Scotland represent the last relic of English colonisation. The English were ejected from France after the death of Joan of Arc, and from Ireland in 1921, but the government at Westminster continues to exert its control over its remaining colonies. Wales has always been a nation with its own distinctive culture and language

NB - I am not the same person as the poster "Scottish republic".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:39 pm 

Really? Aw the engerlish were oot o Ireland by 1921?

An Kernow isnae stuffed wi the feckers Ah suppose :shock:

If at first ye don't succeed, start yer ain splinter group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:02 pm 
The east of Wales is full of English, hence the large "No" vote their in their referendum on devolution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:44 pm 

Erm, Jacobus, it's not just that it's full of English, it's partly the people there. When the Welsh lose their language they become rapidly anglicised. I am told that since devolution that this trend has become reversed. A lot of eastern Welsh, especially in the north east, commute into Chester, Merseyside, Bristol, Hereford etc for work, and politicians have used scaremongering tactics on them.

There's also a major north-south divide, which has been used by the Brits to divide and conquer. You know, the old trick that they used on Shetland, and the Highlands - if you're ruled by London it's better than being ruled by Cardiff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:39 pm 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloghiriell/446599035/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:49 pm 
Scottish Republican wrote:

There's also a major north-south divide, which has been used by the Brits to divide and conquer. You know, the old trick that they used on Shetland, and the Highlands - if you're ruled by London it's better than being ruled by Cardiff.

And Highland/Lowland, Catholic/Proddie, Scot/English, Irish/Ulster all started and perpetuated by the British State.

Ulstermen, largely Ulster Scots, are the same ethnic group as the Irish & Scots. I asked my sister's Ulster boyfriend why all the BAs? why would you want to be part of the English Empire? Cause we don't want to be part of the Irish Empire.

North East of England. Outside of Eengleesh Chav culture I know very few who would not jump at the chance of Northumbria joining an independent Scotland. And Scots and English are supposed to hate each other.

Nope it's just their state we hate. An the pointy heidit Southerners :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:14 pm 

MacMadd wrote:
North East of England. Outside of Eengleesh Chav culture I know very few who would not jump at the chance of Northumbria joining an independent Scotland.

:shock:

That would fairly put the cat among the pidgeons!

What about Cumbria, or anywhere else for that matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 pm 
Talorgan wrote:

A dinnae ken oany Cumbrians so hae nae idea how they feel. A do believe though, there is a Cumbrian National Party of some description.

However Northumbrians A ken see us all as British, but they'd rather go wi us that the South. Very bizarre way of thinkin. I do try to explain that we can work together without needing to call ourselves British.

Geordies know Scots are a different people, though don't see how our culture is subverted, till A speak in Lowland Scots. But Southerners think we're all the same. If ye ask me the hale o England is confused. No tae mention completely bewildered and perhaps a bit scared by us intending tae break the union.

No that thone will stop us :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 pm 

I suspect this is bull, and probably to discredit Cornish nationalism, but...

Lake District 'army' threatens second homes
By Nigel Bunyan
Last Updated: 3:38pm BST 22/06/2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ake122.xml

The Popular Liberation Army of Westmorland boasts 25 members
Millions of people visit the Lake District every year to enjoy the stunning views and many have been so captivated they have bought second homes in the area.

But now members of a so-called "popular liberation army" have threatened to spoil everything, branding outsiders "leech-like scum" and threatening them with violence.

Following the example of disaffected inhabitants in Wales and Cornwall, the group today pledged to attack holiday homes in the Lakes.

They claim that newcomers have pushed property prices so high that local people can no longer afford to live in the area in which they were brought up.

Cumbria Police are taking the threats so seriously that they have advised householders to be extra vigilant.

Forensics experts are now analysing a typed letter in which the self-styled Popular Liberation Army of Westmorland makes a series of threats and declares its allegiance with other disaffected groups in Wales and Cornwall.

Meanwhile, detectives are checking the organisation's claim that its members have already set fire to one holiday home in the area.

The PLAW's emergence coincides with recent threats against two of Britain's best-known celebrity chefs, Rick Stein and Jamie Oliver.

Both have been targeted by an organization calling itself the Cornwall National Liberation Army, seemingly in "retaliation" for the effects their restaurants may have had on house prices.

The PLAW letter, entitled Let It Be Known, reads: "The Popular Liberation Army of Westmorland hereby pledges that we will one day see an end to the occupation of Westmorland by newcomers, holiday home owners and the encroaching leech-like scum of that ilk.

"The Popular Liberation Army of Westmorland wholeheartedly supports the Cornwall National Liberation Army, the Cornish Liberation Army and the Sons of Glyndwyr and the Sons of Dunmail and any other groups that pledge to get rid of our towns and villages of holiday home owners.

"We are at present 25 people born and bred in Westmorland and who are unable to buy property in the land of our birth".

The letter refers to an alleged arson attack on an unspecified holiday home two years ago, as well as "various acts" of criminal damage throughout the one-time county of Westmorland.

It concludes by claiming that it is being supported by extremists in the United States.

"With funding from America and special training we are now able to start our own battle."

Cumbria Police said: "We take all threats of this nature seriously. We would ask all holiday home owners in the region to be extra vigilant and if they see anything suspicious to report it to the police immediately".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:19 am 

Quote:
It concludes by claiming that it is being supported by extremists in the United States.

"With funding from America and special training we are now able to start our own battle."

With help like that they'll probably end up burning their own houses down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:47 pm 

Has anyone in America heard of Westmorland, and can they spell it? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 pm 
MacMadd wrote:
Talorgan wrote:

A dinnae ken oany Cumbrians so hae nae idea how they feel. A do believe though, there is a Cumbrian National Party of some description.

However Northumbrians A ken see us all as British, but they'd rather go wi us that the South. Very bizarre way of thinkin. I do try to explain that we can work together without needing to call ourselves British.

Geordies know Scots are a different people, though don't see how our culture is subverted, till A speak in Lowland Scots. But Southerners think we're all the same. If ye ask me the hale o England is confused. No tae mention completely bewildered and perhaps a bit scared by us intending tae break the union.

No that thone will stop us :grin:

well apparently even the native sheep are confused about their identity. the 'Herdwick' variety are born black and as they age, turn white. maybe they should be renamed 'Michaeljacksonwicks' :lol: