Siol nan Gaidheal forum

Whilst this forum is moderated, opinions expressed are those of the person posting, and are not necessarily those of the organisation.
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Burning bishop
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:05 am 

Since we seem obsessed with all things Oirish.. :roll:

http://www.derryjournal.com/journal/Bur ... 5563945.jp

Nice pictures... :roll:

Post subject: Re: Burning bishop
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 am 

I remember hearig about signposts in Ulster-Scots language being ripped down by Loyalists who thought it was Irish. Numbskulls.

I am now convinced that Scotsmen must decide in the near future whether they wish to be citizens of a free country or citizens of a rather stale music-hall joke. And I am quite certain that no middle course is possible.
Archibald G Macdonell (1896-1941)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:48 pm 

As everyone can see, our Irish republican brothers are burning a Fcking Scottish flag!!! :ranting: :ranting:

The Sea divided Gael anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 pm 

They are very complicated people in that part of the world, I cannae be bothered with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm 

Sorry, I got the nature of the story wrong. I thought it was the "prods" who burnt it.

And as for the Saltire, what statement are they trying to send out? It would appear that this is as good a reason as any to stay away from the politics of that part of the world.

I am now convinced that Scotsmen must decide in the near future whether they wish to be citizens of a free country or citizens of a rather stale music-hall joke. And I am quite certain that no middle course is possible.
Archibald G Macdonell (1896-1941)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:21 am 

Any anti-Scottish sentiment in Ireland is down to the role played by Scottish regiments in suppressing Irish nationalism/republicanism and of course the use of Scottish flags and imagery by Unionists and Loyalists.
I totally condemn the burning of our national flag at this bonfire- those who did it are completely wrong and misguided.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:05 pm 

iainmhor wrote:
Any anti-Scottish sentiment in Ireland is down to the role played by Scottish regiments in suppressing Irish nationalism/republicanism and of course the use of Scottish flags and imagery by Unionists and Loyalists.
I totally condemn the burning of our national flag at this bonfire- those who did it are completely wrong and misguided.

Funny do you not think how everyone forgot about the role of the Irish regiment is the highland clearances and their butchering of any that resisted?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:20 am 

Of course any Irish person who allowed themselves to be used as a tool of oppression by the British is a traitor to be condemned. The Irish nation is somewhat redeemed by the Irishmen who fought alongside the Scottish Jacobites and Gaels at Culloden amongst other places and in other times. There are presently many Irishmen and Scotsmen who have taken the English shilling to oppress the people of Afghanistan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 pm 

Mr miles wrote:
Since we seem obsessed with all things Oirish.. :roll:

http://www.derryjournal.com/journal/Bur ... 5563945.jp

Nice pictures... :roll:

as per all the responses to this Mr Miles you are now pissing against the wind on this website if you stand up for scotland, the Irish suporters now rule this forum and you cant say a fucken word against it.

For we have faith in Scotland’s hidden powers, the present’s theirs but all the past and future’s ours."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 am 
NEC Member
NEC Member

The Irish see our national flag paraded at the front of Orange marches alongside the BA,they also remember the brutality caused by Scots troops ie Black and Tans.We have to re educate them as we have to re educate the otherside.Members of Crann Tara had a cold reception last year in the south or Ireland but the locals soon warmed to them once a bit of re education was done.

To win or lose it all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 am 

Aye. Perhaps some members need to read up on and learn our history. Siol nan Gaidheal has always supported the struggle of our Irish brothers against the British State - it's exactly the same struggle that we are involved in, FFS. However, their fight, whilst closely allied to ours, is not exactly the same, since slightly different routes have been chosen. The outcome, however, is identical - complete separation from the Brit State and a total rejection of Brit values, in any shape or form. These include the stigmata of sectarianism, and unfortunately these are open to interpretation and misinterpretation. Brit rules, Brit division, and Britannia rules yet again... Read between the lines, people, and interpret accordingly.