Siol nan Gaidheal forum

Whilst this forum is moderated, opinions expressed are those of the person posting, and are not necessarily those of the organisation.
It is currently Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 am 

Have just been given an artical from one of my guests who stayed at our Hotel that was in Mail Online dated 22nd Feb 2012.Link:- htp://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2104550/mass immigration.In the article it goes on about a plan to bring in foriegn immigrants to gain more votes for them during the last Labour goverment,makes good reading!They had hoped that the foriegners would vote Labour out of duty for allowing them to stay and get all the benefits afforded to British citizens at the expense of dilluting British culture!How about that then what are your thoughts on these underhand tactics by Labour? :bribe: :saltire:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm 

They would have come from Eastern Europe anyway, because of the EU. Notice in the leaders' debate all of them mentioned immigration, but dodged the EU issue.

Britishness is all around us right now. I can't walk into any shop just now without seeing a BA on something or other...

NB - I am not the same person as the poster "Scottish republic".

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 pm 

Labour are absolutely desperate right now fifer,if that was case then that says it all,as scottish rep says they would come flooding in from eastern europe as they did anyway,regardless of labours wishes.Yes scottish rep its gonna be the summer from hell wi the queens jubilee,the engerlund fitba team at euro 2012 and the olympic games,team gb and aw that :horsekeech: , the brits are really pushin the uj into everybodys face this spring/summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:07 am 

Things like that can rebound, however. It's generally seen as just another expression of London-centric parochialism in Scotland, and that may turn out to be no bad thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am 
A lot of the poles who live here all vote snp

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 am 

I think that was one thing Labour didn't bargain on Al so we got the better deal out of Labours plan to get more votes for the future.But it just shows how much Labour was prepared to go to get more votes to get into power!Did you get the chance to read the article on line Al

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 am 

Aye Lothian you cant even buy a bar of chocolate without a BA on it,in ASDA tonight they even had Butchers aprons on sticks with support Team GB on them at the counter! :ranting:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:02 am 

You'll find that most Poles and Eastern Europeans as a whole who lived under the Russian Bear are anti-Imperialist, and when I was at Auchincruive in Ayr during the end of 1990, the Poles, once you explained Scotland's situation and history were foaming at the mouth. A brutalised History often breeds sympathy for the underdog. I have met a lot of Eastern Europeans and they all support independence. I have also met a fair few French, :horsekeech: NONE of whom support Independence. So much for the Auld Alliance? :ranter:

Stephen. :saltire:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:11 pm 

The Fifer wrote:
Aye Lothian you cant even buy a bar of chocolate without a BA on it,in ASDA tonight they even had Butchers aprons on sticks with support Team GB on them at the counter! :ranting:

So far I've seen the BA on Quiche Lorraine with maple syrup (really British...), handbags, soft drinks, pies, shopping bags, tops of minis (why do they call them "minis" when they're so frigging big now?) etc

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:08 pm 

The Fifer wrote:
...in ASDA tonight they even had Butchers aprons on sticks with support Team GB on them at the counter! :ranting:

Never mind: I expect they will continue to have them. For quite a while. By which I mean that they might not sell very well. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 pm 

A Jolly Sailor wrote:
Things like that can rebound, however. It's generally seen as just another expression of London-centric parochialism in Scotland, and that may turn out to be no bad thing.

Heheh. :lol: Even in the areas of London affected by this, I doubt the Olympic corporate fest is very popular.

Quote:
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that they are grabbing new powers to impose a three month ‘dispersal zone’ on Stratford, East London, the heart of the Olympics. The powers allow the police to force two or more residents off the streets and impose a 9pm to 6am curfew on young people.

These measures come on top of permission to allow police to fire live ammunition at future rioters, arsonists and to disperse violent protestors that were granted after last years riots. The dispersal zone placed around the Olympic Park will make any attempt to protest against the Olympics illegal.

The dispersal zone has been agreed with Labour controlled Newham Council. It is to concentrate around the Stratford area - the heart of the London 2012 Olympics. The dispersal zone was introduced in Newham exactly three months before the Olympic opening ceremony and has been deployed by Newham police in a bid to reduce anti-social behaviour in the area. The police have confirmed that towards the end of the three month period, evidence will be collated, and consideration will be given for an extension of an additional three months; covering the entire duration of the Olympics.

Under the Anti-Social Behaviour Act (2003) police have been given powers to order a group of two or more non-residents to leave the dispersal zone, further banning them from returning for 24 hours, and / or to disperse groups of two or more local residents back to their homes. These powers also allow the police to place a curfew on all young people under the age of 18 between 9pm and 6am unless accompanied by an appropriate adult. Failure to comply may result in arrest, conviction with a maximum penalty of three months in prison and / or £5000 fine.

http://www.counterfire.org/index.php/ar ... e-olympics

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm 

bugsbunny wrote:
I have also met a fair few French, :horsekeech: NONE of whom support Independence. So much for the Auld Alliance? :ranter:

Stephen. :saltire:

I assume that they're not Bretons, then? All the Breton folk (again, to be fair, they don't consider themselves French, in the same way I don't consider myself a Brit) that I have met over the past 30+ years would quite literally knock you out if you implied they were French...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:36 pm 

Mass immigration,and how Labour tried to destroy Britishness

dont give a fcuk about labour anti-immigration rhetoric or britishness
our problem yes mass emmigration past and near present every brit party from labour to bnp all similair about immigration lets face it not talking about people with white faces
british unionism has always been rascist

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm 

lothian lion wrote:
its gonna be the summer from hell wi the queens jubilee,the engerlund fitba team at euro 2012 and the olympic games,team gb and aw that, the brits are really pushin the uj into everybodys face this spring/summer.

Only for those of you who have TVs.

:)

Celyn wrote:
I expect they will continue to have them. For quite a while. By which I mean that they might not sell very well.

I managed to upset the staff in Asda by pointing at their Team GB flags and asking how much their fire lighters were!

Chan eil mise nam Bhreatannach

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:46 pm 

Lucky you Talorgan,no having a tv,you`ll no have to put up with all the brits nonsense,me i have one and won`t be switching it on just shortly,lol. :horsekeech:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 pm 

Christmas and Wimbledon are the two times of a normal year when I'm really glad that I'm not plugged in to the Unionist's media. This year though I have already missed the Jobbylee and the European Championships with attendant propaganda. Now looking forward to missing the Olympics and attendant propaganda.

Still don't understand why more nationalists don't turn their back on the Labour Party Broadcasting Corporation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 pm 

Quote:
Christmas and Wimbledon are the two times of a normal year when I'm really glad that I'm not plugged in to the Unionist's media.

Wimbledon was worth watching this year, and I don't just mean the women's singles.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 am 

Clearly the media had orders from on high to promote thie whole shnanigan and NOT to allow any dissenting voices. On my travels through Scotland I did not detect much enthusiasm for the Jubilimpiks - except from the settlers in our midst.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 pm 

Not just Settlers in some areas I'm afraid. Sections of the upper and middle classes seemed to be well into it. Definitely a class thing going on there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm 

The middle and upper classes are least likely to support Indy.