Siol nan Gaidheal forum

Whilst this forum is moderated, opinions expressed are those of the person posting, and are not necessarily those of the organisation.
It is currently Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Brian Adam MSP dies!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm 

After a long illness a great friend of the family and Nationalist Brian Adam MSP has died he will be missed, I had the pleasure of working with Brian when he won back the Middlefield Council seat from Labour and was with him when he won Aberdeen North from Labour as well as winning the MSP seat for Aberdeen.Brian was a hard worker for the constituents that he served.He was a great friend of mine and a great patriot! My condolences go out to his family.It was a pity he never saw the independence that he fought hard for! :saltire:

Post subject: Re: Brian Adam MSP dies!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:47 pm 

Yes, I was aware that he was unwell for a while. Hopefully he is now in a better place.

We have a lot to thank him for, and I will think of him and all the other good folk who have passed on when I place my vote next year.

He won't be forgotten. RIP

NB - I am not the same person as the poster "Scottish republic".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am 

Funeral for Brian Adam MSP to be held at the Mormon Church. North Anderson Dr, Aberdeen at 12:30 on Friday, I will be going since I knew him personally!No dark clothing to be worn is the request. :saltire:

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm 

Was at the service at the Mormon Kirk today,it was well attended by friends and politicians.The service was beautiful and kind words said by both his brother Rodney and Kevin Stewart MSP followed by his son Neil.The hymns were nice and the song A mans a man was song by Kay Gilmour followed by words by Bruce Crawford MSP and the First Minister Alex Salmond. The piper who played the flowers of the forest as the coffin was Stuart McMillan MSP.The burial took place at the Dyce cemetery then the people were invited back to the Marriot hotel.He will be missed and I think the least we can do is make sure his seat does not fall to the Brits! :saltire:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:31 am 

Thanks Fifer. Attended a family funeral myself today, with an old pal, who many on here will know, Tam McLean, on the pipes, as a favour.

From what I know, Brian was well liked. I also hope that the seat will stay with the SNP.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 pm 
NEC Member
NEC Member

used to canvass with him in Inveruruie in the 90's yet another patriot gone before he could see Sottish Freedom

For, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we submit to English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.