Siol nan Gaidheal forum

Whilst this forum is moderated, opinions expressed are those of the person posting, and are not necessarily those of the organisation.
It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:07 pm 

Is anyone going to the cairn on Easter monday or has there been anything organised ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am 
NEC Member
NEC Member

I'm up for that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 pm 
NEC Member
NEC Member

Murdered, by whom. We know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 am 
NEC Member
NEC Member

Here is a petition to be signed to take the issue of Willie MacRae into the spotlight
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... llie-mcrae

For, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we submit to English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:11 pm 

The petition is slowly but surely building up. Mark MacNicol (the organiser, and producer of one of the "3000 Trees" plays at the Festival last year) has now added a video to the link - so even if you've already signed, please take another look. It features one of the last people to see Willie alive in Glasgow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 pm 

I was a young lad when this happened. Am I correct in saying a High Court Judge or Sheriff in Inverness ruled that he committed suicide by shooting himself TWICE through the head, then threw his pistol 100 metres away?

State sponsored murder.

Butchers apron dripping in the blood of innocents. :ranting:

Stephen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm 

Then there's Tosh who apparently managed to hang himself from a sink tap in a cell...

NB - I am not the same person as the poster "Scottish republic".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm 

That's another one which will require answers following Independence. Huckled for having 3 parachute flares in his car boot? Having discussed on an open forum what he intended to do, where he was going and the fact that one of the people he was going to meet was ex-Met police (and a fellow Siol member)? Who was never interviewed about the affair, and the only reason my door got chapped was that I had used my credit card to pay for Tosh's website, as he couldn't get one himself due to his personal history.... Distinctly going through the motions, just like the MacRae "investigation"... and then they whinge that no-one trusted Northern Constabulary.

I do wonder why.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:48 pm 

Well...

I didn't really know Tosh, and I don't know a lot about the story. However, I did talk to him a few times online, and he was not the man portrayed in the Brit press.

As for the rest -

* If having flares in your car is an offence, then surely the numerous fishermen and yachtsmen in this country are guilty. Then again, the police can arrest you in this country for having a screwdriver as an "offensive weapon" if they want to. (I also recently heard a story of a man arrested for having a set of golf clubs on him, because he was a miner, and it was the strike, and apparently the police decided that was enough, despite the fact he was actually going off to play golf. That was in England, but still.. same mentality here.)

* The "hanging" is suspicious. As I understand it, hanging kills not by strangulation (as most people think) but by severing the head from the spine. Since Tosh is supposed to have hanged himself from a tap on a sink (according to the press), I find this hard to believe. For most adult males, and most sinks, the height wouldn't be enough. Either the man was standing and pulling when he was supposed to have done it, or his rear end/upper hips would have been on the floor while his head and neck were around sink height. I don't believe that crap at all. There's no "drop" from a sink to do the damage.

Seems not an uncommon problem either (most of these are English examples, but since Police Scotland seems to have been taken over by the likes of Stephen House who spent most of his time in English police forces, does that really matter?)

"Deaths in British police custody: no convicted officers since 1969
"827 people have died during or following police contact since 2004. Families have struggled hard for justice, encountering multiple failures and police collusion from the IPCC. Why is police accountability failing in this most serious of issues?"

https://www.opendemocracy.net/opensecur ... since-1969

One of my big problems with the SNP now is that they haven't reined in the police, over issues such as carrying arms in Inverness. They're letting them get worse in fact...

NB - I am not the same person as the poster "Scottish republic".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:02 pm 

Can someone confirm the correct spelling of wullies second name?ive seen the online petition with spelling MacRae and a website to raise funds with spelling McRae...